My all time favourite halwa to prepare and share. mostly during rainy and really cold days I crave for the most loved halwa on earth...lets face it to prepare this halwa we need a lot of time and these days each and everyone of us run out of it easily....No Time....this is my simplified version of the halwa with just 1/2 the time consumption...everyone at home are still amazed with the halwa recipe I came up with...just kidding...:P
- 1 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1/2 Cup Ghee
- 4 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Pinch Salt
please view the demo video and follow the steps...:)
- In a mixing bowl add wheat flour pinch of salt mix well add water and knead to a smooth chapathi dough consistency.
- Add water to the dough and allow the dough to soak for 2 to 3 hours.
- Once the dough has soaked for 3 hours mix the and strain remove the gluten from the dough we will only use the wheat which is dissolved completely.
- Place a heat bottom wok or pot on the stove add the wheat mixture to the pot constantly keep stirring.
- Add the sugar and cardamom powder keep stirring the process will take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix the corn starch and add to the boiling mixture keep stirring till it has thickened.
- Add the ghee and coconut oil and keep stirring the colour in the halwa will change and will start to leave sides of the pan keep stirring constantly once the ghee starts to separate from the halwa transfer in a plate decorate with cashew and serve hot or cold...enjoy...:)