Do watch the video demo and follow the steps before preparing paya
- Make sure to check the trotters burnt properly and hair is removed if there are remains of burnt hair make sure to scrap the burnt hair using a knife.
- Remove all the burnt tissue which is not edible .
- Second stage of cleaning is to take 100 grams of cooking soda and equal quantity of salt .
- Sprinkle the soda and salt over the trotters rub the trotters with the soda and salt allow to rest for 5 mins before rinsing in water.
- After 5 min using a scrub pad or a toothbrush scrub the trotters and make sure all of the char skin and any brunt tissue is removed properly.
- Once the trotters are cleaned rinse in running water make sure all of the soda and salt have washed thoroughly.
- I normally rinse them thrice in running water and twice in hot water and make sure the trotter are really clean before cooking...