Nutella Black Forest Trifle
Its birthday time @ shankars residence. we don't plan much for birthdays its on a very low key this time of the year dad was feeling bit low I wanted to cheer him up with truffles and black forest trifle he has been a good boy maintaining his diet watching out for his sugars and kept him self fit as possible since his sugars runs low it was okay for him to indulge in some sugary treats did not plan on baking a huge cake but these shot glass treats made it look so fancy and cute all things sweet and cute packed with love comes in small packages...:D
I did the most horrible pipping not an expert in that area more to say patience is not my virtue...lol...but the consistency of double whip cream was super.
Do watch the video demo ...enjoy...:)
1/2 Liter Milk
2 1/2 Tbsp Coco powder
200 Grams Nutella Jar
2 Tbsp Corn Flour
4-5 Tbsp Sugar
1 Cup Maraschino Cheery
1/3 Cup Cherry Brandy Optional
1/3 Cup Sugar Syrup
4 Nutella Mug Cakes for recipe please Click here.
500 Grams Heavy Whipping Cream
There is a constant question asked how i whip the heavy whipping cream. i never follow the guide lines given by chefs...this is a sure short cut method try it out if your a first timer i must warn you this method can turn totally wrong if you whip the cream too much it can turn into butter in no time please make sure you constantly check the cream if its formed stiff peaks or not.
- Use a steel bowl.
- Freeze the bowl and the whipping blades.
- Make sure the heavy whipping cream is frozen too.
- Add the whipping cream to the bowl and whip on low first then turn to high mode and whip for 10 to 15 minutes till stiff peaks form.
- Chop the maraschino cherry and reserve in a bowl soak the chopped cherry with sugar syrup and cherry brandy for at-least 1 hour. adding cherry brandy to the dessert is traditional if you want to avoid the brandy please do it...my self on the other hand avoided adding sugar syrup and brandy keeping my dads sugars in mind...:P
- Mix together the cornflour and coco powder with enough water till there are no lumps.
- Bring the milk to a rapid boil lower the flame.add the sugar and stir. gently keep stirring and pour the coco mixture keep stirring till the milk thickens and form a custard consistency remove from flame and strain using a sieve make sure there are no lumps in the custard allow to cool a bit.
- When the custard is lukewarm add the entire jar of nutella and mix well till well combined cover and place in the fridge till chill.
- Prepare the nutella cake allow to cool crumble and reserve in a bowl.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream and place into a pipping bag.
- In a serving glass or bowl add the chilled custard to the bottom fill till 1/3 level add the crumble cake in the next layer spoon out the cherry and finally top with the whipping cream and decorate with a cherry.
Cool Cool Daddy Cool...I think mommy cool since she clicked the pic sitting on a sofa...:D