Honey Cake Recipe (Indian Bakery Honey Cake Recipe)


Honey Cake is my all time favorite comfort food which makes me totally happy. This recipe serves 8...16 pieces of cake which is value for money. Since I'm a very rare/moody baker...Pillsbury cake mix is economical for me I need not store a ton of baking products which will expire soon and its complete waste of money. There are egg-less cake mix options as well if you want this to be all veg please use the eggless cake mix or cooker cakes. 

The eggless version cakes will be dense and tough to work with eggless cake mix we need to be fast and prepare these cakes when the cake is fresh. With egg cakes I will recommend you to use after a day or two this way it will be way too easy to handle.

Subscribe to me on Youtube English and Youtube Tamil...

 Ingredients:
1 Package Microwave Pillsbury Vanilla Cake Mix
1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
1 Tbsp Mixed Fruit Jam
1 Cup Water
2 Tbsp Oil
8x6 inch microwave dish
1/4 Tsp Orange or Red Food Color

Follow me on FB and Zomato for regular updates..

 Method:
  • Following the package directions I created a basic sponge cake the only extra ingredient I used was orange food color.
  • To prepare this basic sponge I added 2 eggs, oil and warm water in a mixing bowl along with the food color whisked the wet ingredients till frothy.
  • To the wet ingredients I added the cake mix in 2 batches and whisked till there was no lumps.
  • Add the cake batter to a micro safe dish coated with 2 tbsp oil.
  • Bake in Microwave for 5 mins or until the cake is cooked.
  • Once the cake has baked allow to cool in room temp.

  • Once the cake has cooled cut into equal pieces and reserve.
  • Bring to boil 1 cup of water in a heavy bottom pot add the mixed fruit jam and stir to form a sugar syrup.
  • Flip each piece of cake to the side gently drizzle the sugar syrup on the cake...follow this process to both sides of the cake. 
  • Once the cake is thoroughly coated with the syrup allow to cool and place in fridge to set for 1 hour.
  • In a plate spread the desiccated coconut take each piece of cake and roll in coconut.
  • If you wish to garnish with jam and whipped cream then roll the cake to all sides leaving the top portion of the cake bare. melt some jam in microwave and spread on the top portion of the cake decorate with whipped cream and serve chilled...Enjoy...:)

Please do not copy any content and pics with out written permission from me contact me via:Vidyascooking@gmail.com this is an original recipe posted by vidyalakshmi. Thank you so much for visiting my page do give this recipe a try and post your comments..Happy Cooking...:)

Comments